Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good exercises/songs to improve fret hand technique?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by darkside 88, Mar 16, 2005.

1. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I feel my right hand technique is exactly where it should be, but my fret hand is often struggling, sloppy, and quick to cramp up. :crying:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  3. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Not Found
    The requested URL /featured_...jaco/teen/1.htm was not found on this server.

:/

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  5. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Anyone else? I appreciate the song suggestion, but Jaco's a big step for me...small hurdles, maybe in the future I can chug out some Jaco and Wooten. Right now I'm about the Geezer Butler, just getting into Geddy Lee phase.

6. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    Stevie Ray Vaughn... Pride and Joy...

The timing between drum/bass is excellent plus it has plenty of movement up and down the neck.

-Growler

7. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Any ostinato-type bass part that tires my fretting hand out pretty quickly, I'll use that as an exercise to build stamina. Lately I've been using "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" by the Animals, but really, just about anything will do...

8. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    Check out Music Dojo. They have course just for this sort of thing.

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    You need to play "Teen Town" at tempo in order to work out your fretting hand.
    ;)