Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good exercises

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by got2getbetter, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Can anybody share some exercises to improve right hand technique and coordination, like hammers, string skipping, and just getting generally faster in my right hand. I guess I've been too concerned w/ my left hand technique, because now my right is always playing catch up. Also, it'd be cool if you guys could just post some of your favorite exercise for the newbs(i.e. me).

2. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Use a metronome at a slow speed and slowly work up the tempo.. try playing with your right hand alone and then together with your left... try playing with your 1st finger alone , then 2nd... (right hand).

Hammer-ons aren't that hard to learn but you do them real slow at first.
    The reason you want to start REALLY slow is to make each tone sound as good as possible i.e. a big warm fat tone (that's what I'm looking for atleast).

I don't know how your scale/chord knownledge is but working through a couple of arpeggios and scales is definately good exercise both for technique and getting the **** in your EARS.

Good luck,
    /lovebown