Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good ext. cab for Nemesis???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ldiezman, Jul 12, 2001.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Ok. So I just got a new bass Yesterday.. thats tuesday july 10...... It is a Ernie ball musicman Stingray 5.. my dream bass up to this point in my life (i'm 19)... anyway.. I have had my eden/nemesis NC210p for about a year now and I love it... it has a great sound and for the price you can't beat it. but I need some more kick. I want to throw in another cab under this bad boy but I'm not sure what to get... the 2 10's have great low frequency response so i don't need a 15'. I would love to maybe slap a 4x10 cab under this thing but I don't want it to have my speakers underpowered. The amp is only 225 watts... I mean I can't complain about it being to soft.. I fill up most clubs and music halls b/c I run it through the system.. But I would still like to have the cab.. maybe to make me feel better about myself. (hehe). so will a 4x10 be a good mix? anyone have suggestions about what kind of cab I should get? I am a college student and I just paid a good bit for my stingray... but I can always start saving.. thanks

Peaceout

2. Hey man, here's what i am doing. I have been searching for THE AMP for about 1 or 2 months, and found it 2 days ago. I bought a nemesis NC210P and a mesa boogie 4x10 used for $450. I thought at first, yeah this will sound a little week, cuz its underpowered, but i was pleasantly surprised. The mesa can handle 600 watts RMS, and its an 8ohm cab, but the nemesis does a pretty decent job. I just crank the master volume all the way, and then adjust the gain knob so that it is not clipping when i play, and its plenty loud. What i suggest though is maybe getting a 4 ohm cab that can handle only like 300 or 400 watts. The added speaker volume should do wonders for your sound... The setup i have is pretty damn loud, or you could do it one other way, what i am going to do since i have money left over is buy a plain old power amp(prolly like 400 watts @ 8 ohms) and run the nemesis line out to the line in on the power amp, and then plug the 4x10 cab into the speaker out jack on the power amp. then i can use the combos 225 watts for just the 2 speakers in the combo itself, and i can power the 4x10 a little more heavily using just the power amps power to get really loud when i need too. And the nice thing is, since nemesis line out is post EQ, any EQ adjustments i make on the nemsesis will apply to the mesa as well. But either way you do it, it should still sound great, and the beauty of it is that for the big gigs you can use all 6 speakers, or for small gigs you can use just the nemesis...

Good luck. By the way, check out SWR cabs. they have a large power handling, but you should still sound good, and alot of their cabs are available in 4 and 8 ohms...

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I was thinking that what I would really like to do is eventually throw an amp like you metion on top of the bab. that woulb ideal... If I got a 400 watt amp along with my nemesis, that would to a lot of damage to crowd... I don't need a gawd awfull amount of power, like I said I most always run through a system so it all works out... but thanks a lot for the advice

Peaceoutt