Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good feedback from the soundguy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillCO, Feb 6, 2006.

1. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    The other night I played at a venue large enough to have a house sound system and soundman. I don't get much chance to do that and haven't done it at all since I got my new Ashdown MK500 and Avatar cabinets (210 Neo/112 Delta).

After the first song, the soundman slipped up onto the stage and said to me "wow, this rig sounds phenominal!" Got good feedback from the audience all night as well.

Just thought I'd pass this along - it's nice to receive some gear validation and it doesn't happen too often.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sweet...

course, that mark king head aint too shabby either!

love that awesome EQ section! remember the settings? were you sending a signal to the house, or were you feeding the house w/ the rig.

3. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    It is a great EQ section - you really don't need a parametric EQ when you've got that many graphic bands to work with.

I generally use a _very_ mild scoop, but roll the very top and very bottom frequencies off about 25%, and then go from there based on the room.

This time I was running a direct signal to the house, plus the room was small enough that the speaker output had a definite effect upon the tone.

Couldn't be happier - although the MK500 is a little hummy when there are dimmers around.