good first pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marley, Jun 7, 2001.

1. just want to find something for a fair price and something that will sound good and worthwhile. any suggestions?
  2. depends on what your looking for. If you want a variety of effects try a zoom 506, if you are looking then i can't really help you, i've never been impressed by any bass stomp boxes other than my boss 7 band eq.
  3. Korg AX-1B is a good starter bass multi-effects pedal. Allows you to get some experience with a variety of effects. Cost - @$100. Worth checking out.
  4. so those 7 band equilizers are good? i've been looking in to one but dont no if i should buy it or not.
  5. Yeah, i recently replaced my old 506 with an AX1B, coz the 506 sounded like a really smelly f*rt...

Okay, the 506 has a reasonably amount of effects, but if you turn your amp up a tad too much, it creates a very annoying feedback, u know.. similar to when you hold a mic in front of it's own speakers..

the 506 also has a lot of static, which is very disturbing imho..

In Holland the 506 costs 255 guilders, the AX1B is 435 guilders.. it's a tad more expensive.. But if you're a serious bassplayer, the last thing you will want to do is try and cut back on the price.. and the AX1B has a built-in volume/controller pedal, which the 506 lacks...

i'd say : go for the Korg AX1B..
  6. What are your opinions on the difference between a Zoom 708 and a the 708 more expensive and comparable to the AX1B, or what?