Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good first pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marley, Jun 7, 2001.

1. just want to find something for a fair price and something that will sound good and worthwhile. any suggestions?

2. depends on what your looking for. If you want a variety of effects try a zoom 506, if you are looking then i can't really help you, i've never been impressed by any bass stomp boxes other than my boss 7 band eq.

3. Korg AX-1B is a good starter bass multi-effects pedal. Allows you to get some experience with a variety of effects. Cost - @$100. Worth checking out.

4. so those 7 band equilizers are good? i've been looking in to one but dont no if i should buy it or not.

5. Yeah, i recently replaced my old 506 with an AX1B, coz the 506 sounded like a really smelly f*rt...

Okay, the 506 has a reasonably amount of effects, but if you turn your amp up a tad too much, it creates a very annoying feedback, u know.. similar to when you hold a mic in front of it's own speakers..

the 506 also has a lot of static, which is very disturbing imho..

In Holland the 506 costs 255 guilders, the AX1B is 435 guilders.. it's a tad more expensive.. But if you're a serious bassplayer, the last thing you will want to do is try and cut back on the price.. and the AX1B has a built-in volume/controller pedal, which the 506 lacks...

i'd say : go for the Korg AX1B..

6. What are your opinions on the difference between a Zoom 708 and a 506...is the 708 more expensive and comparable to the AX1B, or what?