1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good First Real Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lexicon, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Lexicon

Lexicon

Feb 24, 2009
    I recently picked up a used GK Backline 600 for really cheap and I've been keeping my eye open for an inexpensive cab to pair with it. For the moment this would be just for use at home but I'll hopefully find some people to jam with at some point soon. I figured the BL600 paired with an 8ohm 115 or 210 would be a good start but can't really decide which is the best way to go despite all my time spent here searching for the answer.

I just came across a used Genz Benz ls115b FOR $180 that seems like it might be a good fit. Does anyone have experience with this cab when used by itself? Good match for the BL600?

The other, more expensive, thought I had was to save up a few extra bucks and buy a GK Neo112 and use that as a start.

2. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    The Neo 112 is a fine cabinet. Keep an eye out in the classifieds and craigslist for one of the series 1 GK neos 12's. They come up every so often.

You could also look into a new Avatar. I'm not a big fan of the low end of the Avatars, but a lot of folks here love them, and they appear to be a pretty good value. If I were just starting to get out to jam, I'd be all over the BL600 and a 112.

3. i hear acoustic is good value/price

peavey all the way..cheap and reliable

4. Go for that ls 115 man...there not made no more I think.
    will RIP with a GK backline 600 I'm sure!!!!!!

5. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    If you have acess to a music store, go over there with your bass and head and play as many cabs as you can. You can figure out the differences between Neo loaded cabs, 15's, 10's and 12's. I suggest 10's because they honestly can work for any genre, great clarity, and much better low end than 15" cabs made for bass.