Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good fitting case for conklin GT5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by budreau, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Can any one steer me towards an inexpensive case that will accomodate the upper bout on a GT5? It will need to accomodate a 24" body. I REALLY don't want to spend three or four hundred bucks. It currently resides in an old Peavey case that has been chopped to fit, and is beginning to lose it's integrity. I guess I'll bite the bullet if I must, but I would prefer to spend the money on effects or something else fun.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. Last time I checked with M.F. all they really had was a canvas covered case. Basically a square gigbag. Thanks for the pointer.

4. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Unless you're planning a world tour they should be ok.. I have two $3500 plus custom Conklins and use those cases with them.. Haven't had a problem yet..

5. Do you guys know if that case fits the GTBD7? Cause it only says it fits the 4 and 5 strings..

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    They made one that fit it. Seeing as how the Groove Tools line is now discontinued I can't speak on their availability. Again, unless you're planning a world tour a quality gig bag should do just fine.