Good Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flea666, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    Whats A good flanger, I thought about getting a chorus but i like flange better, so whats a good one for bass?
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Boss BF-2 or BF-3 are popular here. I have the BF-3. I like it a lot. You can get a chorus sound out of it by setting the rate knob high.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Does anyone know what kind of flanger Justin Chancellor uses?

Check out "Forty-Six and 2."
  4. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    yea thats the kinda sound i want
  5. Szipmonk

May 11, 2004
    + 1 for the BF-3
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    bf-2, i'm pretty sure.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I prefer the BF-2 over the BF-3, don't know why. I also like the latest Taiwanese version the best.
  8. I have a Boss HF-2 High Band Flanger for sale. Old & scratched but works fine. I think I asked $40 for it, shipped(in my classified ad). PM if interested.
  9. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger. I never really tested something else to be honest, but... Bought for the chorus, but the flanger seems to me to be the best on earth. Simply wonderful.

Yes, pretty expensive, yes... It's worth it.
  10. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Maybe this?

That does flanger, chorus, delay, and reverb. Give it a try.
  11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Has anybody had the pleasure of trying a Paradox through zero flanger? I bet that sounds amazing. The old Mutron flangers with the foot pedal are probably hard to beat (if you can find and afford one).
  12. Im pretty sure I read in an interview with Justin in Bass Player magazine that he used the Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3 on Aenema. I run my CEB-3 set to make the Forty Six and 2 sound, and use the opening riff to soundcheck if I have the settings correct. Goes down a treat in a worship service!
  13. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Nothing beats my vintage 70's ibanez analog flanger. They are hard to find and go for well over $100 used.
  14. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Ha yeah, didn'tcha know that Dm is the most used Church key?! :p
  15. JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    ADA Flanger is the best by far... Ibanez/Maxon FL9 is a decent 2nd, everything else comes next! :)

Boss flangers sound a little too fake for me. The ADA and Ibanez can nail the "Forty-Six & 2" tone dead-on.
  16. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I also prefer the BF-2. Just seems to sound better. I haven't tried out every flanger under the sun - because this one does it for me, I have no desire to try any others. Cheap and readily available used.
  17. Ibanez FL9 for me...i also really enjoy the flanger on the ehx poly chorus and the ehx electric mistress
  18. JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Forgot about the Polychorus, yeah that's pretty killer. Filter Matrix is nice on guitar too!
  19. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK