Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Fretless simulator?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funky Tune, May 28, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    My question is why is the best fretless sound simulator,Petrucci acoustic guitar simulator is just amazing,i imagine i can find a good Fretless simulator,

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    what does a fretless simuletor does?

mi korg does have one.....

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thanks for your response,i go to buy a new or used bass because i sell my last for family problems,i can,t buy two right now,for this reasons i ask about the fretless simulator.i love music and i can,t stop to play.my problems can,t stop my dreams . :bawl:

4. I'm with Andrew on this one. there really is no good fretless simulator...how much were you expecting to spend on a simulator? here is an essex for $120. For an almost convincing fretless sim, you'd maybe want a Zoom bfx-708 which costs about 150, so this is even cheaper!

http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb62mgfllpb.html

i think you'd be much happier with just a fretless bass anyhow. you can do slides and all that fun fretless stuff...trust TB we know what we are talking about!

5. Alun

Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Swansea,Wales,UK
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    You could always try simulating one by hand - add some midrange and try bending into notes from below. A bit of chorus and or compression will help too.

Most of the fretless simulators I've heard have just compressed the Hell ouf ot the attack to make it smoother and cut loads if treble.

And I tried the Variaz which was a real disappointment.

Cheers,
    Alun