"Good" Friday my foot.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    More like GREAT Friday. I went to Toronto on a trip to see my brother's new apartment with my folks, and then I thought we'd come home afterwards. At one point during the discussion, the show Wicked was brought up (my brother and his girlfriend are both at university for theatre production and I've wanted to see the show for ages) and they -- they being my brother and his girlfriend -- said that the entire run of Wicked is sold out. Pretty disappointing, but oh well.

Long story short -- my brother, his girlfriend, my mom and I all saw Wicked in box seats we got for $25 by winning a ticket lottery thing. Totally, totally amazing show. It completely blew me away.

Now...this in itself made the day pretty freakin' awesome, but that's not all! I've made it a kind of rule that after every live performance, I always seek out the bass player and talk to him/her and ask them lots of questions. So, naturally, after the show, I went to talk to the bass player and we start discussing the show a bit, and at one point, I brought up that I wanted to go to Humber College for music (their jazz program is amazing.) Then...*drum roll*

I find out that I'm talking to the bass teacher at Humber! WOW! I asked him a couple of questions about the auditions, and then he gave me he his home phone number so I could call him any time. That's right -- I got the home phone number of the guy who teaches bass at my 1st choice in post-secondary education.

Best. Friday. Ever.
  2. My Friday sucked.

I went to work and busted my ass off from 4-11.

Then then today I busted my ass off from 9-5 came home and my mom yelled at me for wanting to go to a concert on sunday cause it starts late. My lifes getting sh1++ier by the day.
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ah, the yin to my yang! :)
  4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    GUMMINT BOY - THAT'S what I'm talking about.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have no idea what you are talking about, but if it works for you, then congratulations!!

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002

I'm gonna call him today to talk about auditions to Humber and whatnot. I'm not auditioning until next year, so I've got plenty of time to work on the audition pieces. I'm thinking something Michael-Manring-y or a solo arrangement of a tune for upright, and the first Bach cello suite for the classical part.

PS: I also met the bass teacher at York University a few weeks ago after a big band performance, but I'm not terribly interested in going there. Oh well ;).