1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good Gibson Bridge and Neck Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bozmonaut777, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Bozmonaut777

Bozmonaut777

Mar 10, 2013
    I got this epiphone newport bass and Iwant to put TWO pickups on it instead of just the standard neck pickup. I know the DiMarzio DP120 Model One Bass Humbucker pickup would be on the neck, but whats good for a bridge pickup? But its up for disgustion as to what would be good im looking to spend around 100 per pickup and am also wondering if it would be a hard deal to install an extra 3rd and final P BASS pickup............... any suggestions?????????? I want to deck this dealy right out.

2. DrSpunkwater

DrSpunkwater

Sep 17, 2012
    Thunderbird bridge pickups are pretty cool. Mudbuckers and Thunderbuckers are two great tastes that taste great together.

3. Bozmonaut777

Bozmonaut777

Mar 10, 2013
    there ok but i need something that would fit a EBO style neck pickup and most importanly a BRIDGE which i cant find anything decent for a replacement... and if would have to be something that would blend good with a DiMarzio since thats the only fit i can find for a decent price that will sound good. the hunt is still on:help:

4. DrSpunkwater

DrSpunkwater

Sep 17, 2012
    Well, a mudbucker IS an EBO style neck pickup. You could get an Artec mudbucker, or you could purchase a vintage-spec mudbucker from Curtis Novak.

What kind of bridge pickup are you looking for?

5. Bozmonaut777

Bozmonaut777

Mar 10, 2013
    well i dont know to much about pickup sounds i like many different sounds so going buy this it would just have to coincide and blend well with the Dimarzio. so first id get that and install it when my Newport comes in then id go about some different options. thanks for the names drops!