1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good gig bag for Jazz 4-string?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by LBS-bass, Oct 28, 2018.

1. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    Tired of schlepping the hard case around, so I bought an inexpensive Fender bag and it's pretty awful; the strap placement is weird which leads me to believe that buying a more expensive one from them won't be any better. Had an old Gator bag here that I liked for another bass, but it doesn't fit the Jazz (about an inch or two too short). Did a quick search here and can't find any recent threads on this. Forgive me if I didn't dig deeply enough. What gig bags should I be looking at?

2. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    Very happy with my Gator ProGo. It is kinda heavy but very protective. Most places have them for $150.00

TimB 619 and LBS-bass like this.
  3. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Actually I do,

Seem like there's a bunch of talk about GBs on that search.
    I've deleted the search link - it went nowhere.

4. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    Thanks. I don't mind heavy as long as it carries well across my shoulder. Looking at it online now, and it looks pretty solid with a decent sized compartment for cables, etc.

el jeffe bass likes this.
  5. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The Mono M80, Vertigo and Bass Sleeve will also fit the bill. There are also other good offerings from Gator -the ProGo has been mentioned, and I would also recommend the Transit. I hear good things about the Reunion Blues RBX and the Gruvgear Gigblade bags as well.

LBS-bass likes this.
  6. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Have we missed any? :) Toss the Mooradian, or the Protec Contego into the fray while we're at it.

JakobT likes this.
  7. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Seriously, there are so many good high-quality gig bags on the market these days, it's almost a problem of Decision Paralysis! Not like ~30 years ago when every bag was basically a vinyl sock with some token 0.25" foam. Spend over ~$130 on a soft case nowadays and the world's your oyster.

el jeffe bass and JakobT like this.
  8. Quap

Quap

Oct 14, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Do these bags have space for some of the smaller solid state amps on the market? Like the Mesa 800 or a Tone Hammer. Also cables, a strap, and a small pedal tuner?

9. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Cables, straps and tuners, no problem. For the most common offerings from Gator, Mono et. al. you might be pushing it with an amp as well, and even if you managed it there wouldn’t be much room for anything else. The Mono bags have an option to strap on the Tick bag, which would probably be able accommodate a small amp.