Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good gig bag source.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Philbiker, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey I need a gig bag for my acoustic guitar. What's a good source? Looking to spend under $100.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm hard on zippers...

Levy's have been very good to my rough ass hands

:D

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Ass hands... hmmm...imagine the possibilities. Wiping would be easier for sure.

brad cook

4. Hey Brad,
    I'm about to get a Marchlewski fretless with a Levy's gig bag - Jacob works in the back of his family's music store. Why don't you contact Jacob and see if he can hook you up?

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D

6. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a local store branded gig bag that I keep my Brice in, that has a "LEVY'S" tag on it. It's very nice, maybe I'll see what they have in dreadnought acoustic cases.... Good tip.

7. Dude, that sounds like a superhero power....

Wondertwins powers...activate! ;)

8. Ass hands and a bucket of water! And a monkey. Ah the wondertwins. The most inept pair of incestuous super heros on the planet.

9. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Um, just thought of something, but if its a guitar, my friend has a gig bag that she doesnt use (its a roadrunner one, she just got a hard case instead because she doesnt trust the gig bag...-.-

but yea, i could ask her about it for you...

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Captain Asshands to the rescue!"

brad cook

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    totally derailed! :D

anyway....the thing with levy's is that they have some very weak and cheap models, but do have some really nice high end bag/cases.

over and out,
    Sweat E. Asshands, Lt. Gen.
    US Butt Force

12. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow it would be much better to save an unwanted but perfectly good gig bag from dumpster/salvation army destiny. It's a guitar alright, acoustic Seagull S6.

Asshands gig bags

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Isn't there some brand of bass gig bag that's really popular with many people here...kinda thought of as the ultimate gig bag? I may be wrong but I'd search for those and then see if that company offers one for acoustic guitars.

over
    Hugh Jazzhands, Lt. Sphnctr
    US Butt Force, Special Crack Commando Unit

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D :D :D

15. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    best bass gigbags ive found
    www.clubbass.ca

col. angus
    swabbing the poop-deck

16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    www.goincase.com

I have their dubbag, and it's the best double bass soft case I've ever seen. But, it also weighs 10 lbs empty. The do have acoustic cases that are really nice, too. I'm sure Brian at www.thelowend.net would be happy to get one for ya. My Dubbag arrived in 3 days. :D

I'm not sure how much they run, though.