Good Gig opportunity for ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ldiezman, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I was asked to join the ebonite Gospel Choir here on campus playing bass! It doesn't pay much, but They perform everywhere... and I would be playing some gospel music. My guitarist and I were practicing in my apartment the other day and the choir director heard us and today asked us to join.. I was flattered to say the least :D. Its alot of work.. but I will get the chance to play out alot when I'm not working with my band.. I am very excited about it. Guess I gotta get working on my gospel chops :)..

I think i'm gonna stick out a bit though.. being 6'8 and white... oh well i'm ok with that :D
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Nowadays, that's a smaller problem than you seem to think. As long as you're there for the same reason as the others, you'll fit in fine.

Congrats on the gig offer.
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah you're right... I do enjoy gospel music very much.. I've never met a gospel bassist I didn't like.. ;)
  4. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Congrats Man. Good Luck.
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The great thing about Gospel music is how much it's rooted in R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz, and Blues. You'll probaly have a lot of fun playing it. :)
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah i noticed.. and thats exactly what I like playing.. My band Is an R&B, soul, Funk, jazz type band.. so I think I am going to love this