1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Giref! New to me Basis M-2000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Standalone, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I'm entirely psyched. The gear shake up is complete. Used NeoX 212T, private seller and a used Mesa Boogie Basis M-2000 from the local Daddy's. I barely know what to do with myself. Stoked stoked stoked. So far I've heard it through an 8 ohm Ampeg 410 in the shop and my 4 ohm 212 at home. Just great tone thru both.

Always some downsides in getting a used amp, and I'm wondering what I should live with and what I should get repaired.

There's quite a bit of fan noise at low volumes, but I guess I go direct in my studio.

-> anyone ever have the 6 pin xlr cable replaced on their footswitch? Does Mesa do this? Cost?

with all the crap I traded in, I got the year warranty on it, so it's time to figure out what is par for the course on these.