1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good god...I've done it again.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zenlowend, Feb 19, 2008.

1. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    I think I have a sickness....I couldn't help it, I swear! I went to GC to take back the SVT 610, grab a pedal borad(check another post on that as I will need some advise) and a rack case that was suposted to come in today. I had ask my sales guy at GC last week about the new Fender Hot Rod jazz bass and if they had one I could just check out because I have heard such good things about it and, of course, I wanted to see for myself. John saw me come in and was standing in the bass section, grinning from ear to ear. As I walked in he pointed to the guitars on the wall, up near the ceiling and said "hey it came in yesterday"! I totally forgot the conversation about the bass. I said "what came in yesterday? My case?" He said "no...the Hot Rod Jazz". I said "oh yeah...well lets check it out" He brought it down and I plugged it into a SVT VR head an ran through the ampeg 810. And it sounded and played GREAT! Like Butta'. I'm not crazy aobout the mahogany fretboard but it just played and sounded like a dream! So part of my income tax refund went to taking this beauty home. The guys at GC didn't have much info on it. So when I got home I called Fender. And they told me this: It is a mod of a Hwy 1 bass, with SCN jazz pups, bad ass II bridge(pre-grooved), S1 switch(which doesn't come on the Hwy 1). It only comes in Olympic white w/matching headstock. And it does have a different clearcoat. Oh.. and they only made 215 of them. I'm about to hook it up to the SVT/Berg and see what is what. Here are some pics. For you Fender nuts I higly suggest you at least play one...that is if you can find one! Here are some pics...

Attached Files:

2. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    and....

Attached Files:

3. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    last one...

Attached Files:

4. That is one sexy bass! I love that color scheme!

5. Oh my god...that white headstock! I WANT ONE! :(

6. Looks sweet!

But mahogany fretboard? Usually it's the necks or bodies that are made of mahogany.

7. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    that is so! sexy!

8. Dave R

Dave R

Sep 21, 2007
    Boise, ID USA
    You got one of 215?

Assuming it plays as well as you thought it did in GC, you may have done very well...

9. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    That baby is slick, I'm quite jealous. White + tort = :D

10. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    I'm so dumb...I ment Rosewood. I'm just a little excited, forgive me.:hyper: 4blt maple neck btw.

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The great tone is a direct result of the different clearcoat.
    And the dots, of course.

12. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    The clearcoat is Gloss Nitrocellulose btw.

13. Don't forget the added mass of the matching headstock paint, which increases sustain noticably.

14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

That's right purty. I like those matching headstocks.

15. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Very nice! Can't wait to find one and give it a whirl. But right now my heart is lonely for this '74 P at my local GC.

16. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    That is hot, bro! Nice buy. Are you in debt yet? haha

17. zenlowend

zenlowend

Jan 26, 2008
    lol...not too bad. This was paid for by the income tax refund.

If anyone else gets on let me know...we can start a Fender Hot Rod Jazz club.
    Do I get to be #1? :D

18. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

We have another 10 months of 2008 to work your GAS and your credit card. :evil smiley:

19. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    very classy, you dun good.

20. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Sweet bass! I played one in the Chicago GC. It was quite nice, I liked it better than the typical MIA Js I've tried (though I haven't tried the new American Standard Js). But I hope you got a good deal on it, I thought the tagged price of $1600 was pretty high.