1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good God ... The Early-Spring GAS ATTACK of '09!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paddydaddyo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well, I'm a big fan of the finish color!

2. Me too! I have ALWAYS wanted an Oly White Jazz with rosewood board ... and the price on this one looked right at $400 including shipping, so I jumped on it! All this damn talk about Js pulled me over the edge of sanity!

Well, that officially empties the coffers of the Music Fund. Two bass purchases in less than a month? Yeah, I'm spent, but ... :hyper:

3. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I got one brand new in '05 for $480, so yeah you got a decent deal. I like the vintage white. Toss a high mass bridge and flats and it will be awesome.

4. pankykapus

pankykapus

Jun 25, 2007
    Congrats, great choice! :)

5. probert

probert

Feb 25, 2009
    Z├╝rich
    I had exactly the same and sold it to a friend for a bit more money. I still regret it a bit. Think you made a great deal!

6. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    If you are going nuts for buying 2 basses in a month I don't wanna know what you think of me for everything I've bought this year. Ibanez ATK750KA, Marshall MB450H, Gallien Kruger Goldline 4x10 and 1x15 cabs, all insturment and spreaker cables replaced with Monster Cable, a rack case, Shure wireless system, Monster Power power conditioner, an a/b-y selector box, and a new Tama Superstar SL Standard drum shell kit for my drummer. All that is just since January this year. I'm sure I'll be buying more soon too.

7. Totally looking forward to getting my hands on it ... actually all OVER it for that matter.

5340_12.
    Good Gawd, I love the look of aged Oly White against Tortoiseshell!

I think it will be arriving at about the same time that the Starburst Custom build will be completed, which means that it will be a "Two Bass Week."

I think that my GAS is relieved for the time being, but that RD project is still lingering somewhere in the back of my noggin ... :bag:

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I have been on the verge of selling mine, because I suddenly have a serioud dislike of the rosewood fretboard. I think I might just buy a new neck.

Im going to be putting flats, covers, and hopefully that new neck on sometime soon.

9. It's funny, I was thinking that a black-block, maple board neck would look stone fine ... but might be better paired with a black pickguard. If you do it, let me know ... I'd love to check that out.

Hmmmmm, more Photoshopping for me tomorrow perhaps?

PEACE!

10. Well, I got the bass and I have to say ... I ain't exactly a fan of banana cream pudding. The color is much more yellow than the pictures seemed to show, and I am not really a fan of the tort pickguard on this one.

I dare say, this one might be up and on out before you know it.

Back to eBay with you, little pus-complexion Jazz Bass!

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Aww, that's too bad.

12. lanceropolis

lanceropolis

Mar 10, 2009
    So. Cal
    Yeah, I use a MIA jazz V and I love it. Plays great!