1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good head for x2 avatar 1x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by imChinOaChicken, Jul 29, 2007.

1. im in still deciding which head/cab setup ill be going to upgrade to so i can finally get rid of my 15w combo that just kills my awesome sr5. it'll definitely be an avatar cab because of its weight, power, and good reviews. :bassist:
    im going with a 4x10, 2x12, or (x2) 1x12 but my budget is the final deciding factor. its either i get a good cab and cheap head or vice-versa.

if i go with the x2 1x12, i could get one cab now and a good head while i save up for te other cab for the future. i think that this may work out better for my currect school jazz choir needs and flexible enough for future plans.

if i go with a single 8ohm 1x12's, would an ampeg b2re work out right? the head and cab would be both rated at 250 watts at 8ohm so it seems that i would be okay.

when i add another 8ohm 1x12, this means i get a total of 450 watts right? but would 450 watts blow the cabs or is the total wattage split up between the two cabs.

sorry im a bit new to cabs. outside of using combos, im clueless :p

to summarize it all...

ampeg b2re head
    +
    good match?

2. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Astounding tone, very loud. 600 at GC. Will be much louder than the b2r

3. The 450 watts is split between the two cabs, so each would receive 225. Should be fine.

Don't know if you are committed to the Ampeg head, but if you are still looking, do check out the Little Mark II 7thbass suggests (if you are reasonably near a dealer). Pretty amazing head.

Joe