Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good head to go with avatar 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spam2mapS, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm looking at ugrading to a bigger rig than my little 15 watt practice amp :D I'm very limited as far as budget goes, so I'm looking at the avatar 410 cab. I was wondering what would be a good head to go with this cab would be, that won't cost too much. Thanks for any help

2. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Look at used GK heads like an 800 or so, maybe an SWR sm-400. These would run about $500 used look and you might find one a little cheaper.

3. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I am considering getting a rig very simular to tours I was looking at the ashdown mag 400. 500 watts into 4 ohms and it only costs $600 from the bass place. There is one on ebay right now here is the link. These are from what I have heard good sounding amps very simular to the ABM series except they don't have as nice an eq and no tube pre amp.

4. used GK 800RBs go for around 300 all the time.

5. I bought a GK400RB-III with my avatar. Other members like the Eden WT-400 but it is expensive but you could find a used for good price.

I think the Eden is on bassgear.com for like $500 or $600. I saw it a couple days ago so i don't know if it was sold.

6. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I've got an 800rb to sell for $300 + shipping. Let me know if you are interested.