Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Headphone amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave Metts, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Ok, after a very ill-fated attempt to find a new amp it looks like I'm just going to get a headphone amp of some sort (because I've got a neighbor that is a sound-level nazi).

So far I've heard that the Sansamp BDDI, Line6 POD, and Korg PX3B are good options. I really need something that will give me some sort of decent EQ (especially control over my mids -- I've got an onboard 2-band EQ on all of my basses). The ability to double as a decent DI for some direct-to-computer recording is definitely a plus. You all were extremely helpful in the other thread I started, so I have no doubts about getting some good info this time around.

Thanks!

2. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I have the Sansamp and it works great; however I'm upgrading to the POD because there is more options available, with the cabinet and fx simulators - plus you can download new sounds....

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    A Johnson J-Station is my choice for home use...

4. Well svp-bsp into a headphone preamp, works good for me.:)

5. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    The Raven Labs PHA-1 looks pretty nice. Just a basic Headphone amp/Preamp. Sadowsky's RSD-1 also looks nice, and can be used as a Headphone amp, preamp, and D.I. I havn't heard any of these units, but if the names mean anything, they should be pretty good!

Lee