Good headphones for walkin' about.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fenderx55, Dec 25, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    A couple years ago when I first got my iPod, my band and my gf chipped in and got me those Bose triport headphones. I know ppl here don't like bose, but i like these headphones and cause my gf is now ex gf and I don't really talk to my old band anymore, they hold some weird sentimentality for me.

I love them for my computer at school and my bass, but they're a pain in the a$$ when i need to put them in a bag for class or try to sleep on a train/subway, and re: the train/subway: not. discrete. And even they make nice ear muffs, I kind of want a smaller, high-quality pair.

so, any suggestions? I'm not lookin to spend too much considering I'm keeping the other ones at my desk, but I do want something with good sound quality.

2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Wait, why does everyone hate Bose? I always thought they were impecable.

Anyways, the best for walking IMO are just the Sony wraparound the head ones. Inexpensive, good sound quality, and comfortable.
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    i kind of want more isolation, and something u can lay down with. i used to have the sony's and that was my problem. that and they were stolen.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    i keep reading, "all highs, no lows, must be bose." or soemthing to that effect. maybe i'm generalising?
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'd be interested to see some headphone recommendations, the most comfortable ones I have are Audio-Technica ATH40S ones, and there's NO low end, it's all mid. Even my Aiwa phones that came with my CD player 7 years ago sound better.
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    so far i've found this website and these headphones
    I wanna find somplace to try 'em out though.
  7. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    You tried the Sony EX-71's?
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have the ex-71's, they are fine, I use em at work daily.
  9. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Got a set of Bose Headphones for Christmas and love them. They have lows for days...
  10. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I love my Etymotic Labs ER-6i's.