Good heavy metal songs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Scrawneybassist, Jul 15, 2001.

1. For some reason i am in the mood to play some heavy metal, what are some good songs to learn??
  2. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Master of Puppets - Metallica
    Paranoid - Black Sabbath
    Perry Mason - Ozzy Osbourne
    anything by motorhead.
  3. I'm not really a metal fan, but anything off of Black Sabbath's Paranoid album is good. Anything off of AC/DC's Back in Black album is good too, but I'm not really sure if you could call them metal, they might be hard rock.
  4. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Some Iron Maiden is always good. Then Pantera, Sepultura, and Soundgarden (not really metal, but hard rock). Or just look around and find a band that you like and jam with them.
  5. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Mduvayne, specifically Severed. Or any sabbath song. I still love to jam out to NIB
  6. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    listen to Nile for speedmetal, Meshuggah for polyrhythmic craziness and accuracy, Wrathchild America for garage band spirit, and then of course there are the obvious ones - Metallica, Slayer, etc.
  7. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Captainpabst I have to disagree with you on Slayer. The only thing learning Slayer is good for is to learn how to play the root note. I have yet to hear a single bassline from Slayer. Learn something like GWAR they have pretty interesting basslines.
  8. Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    have you heard les claypool covering master of puppets on slap bass? it sounds awesome! i can play it myself, except for the double-slap-mute's inbetween each note he plucks. :eek: