Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Ibanez 5er or SX Jazz 5er?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nspbass, Apr 30, 2005.

1. nspbass

nspbass

Nov 26, 2004
    That's my question. I've had my SR05 (1989ish) for a few years now, but have only been really playing for about a year. I'm just now starting to develop my own sense of what sound I'm looking for. While I love the way the Ibby plays and feels, the sound just isn't what I'm looking for. I'm a pretty aggressive finger-style player and it gets a whooooooole lot of very unattractive twang. I've had an offer of about $300-400 on it, and I know I could get the best SX Jazz for less than $200 or something like that. Would this be a wise way to go or no? Thanks.

nspbass

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I say go for it... I mean, if you don't like the SX, you can sell it on ebay and get just about all of your money back...

That and they're great instruments...

3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    yeah, what Minger said,
    ive had mine for like 3 days now, or something...i love it

4. nspbass

nspbass

Nov 26, 2004
    Bump

5. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    Try an Ibanez SRX505 or an SRX705. I have both. Great low B's and they are quite versatile.

6. basslooker

basslooker

May 20, 2005
    Hey if you still have the sr05 I would love to bid on it! My husband and I hit some very hard times a couple of years back and he had to pawn his when he got laid off. He loved that bass so much and it broke my heart to see it go. Ever since I have been on a mission to find another. If you already sold it, maybe you know someone or someone else out there has one. His was a teal color 5 string, but any color would suit him fine.
    Thanks!