good idea or bad idea??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, May 22, 2004.

1. i need a new neck, and i found this one on ebay for 70 bucks buy it now which is a great deal i think. what do you guys think does it look like an alright neck to you? i e-mailed him and asked him if it had a finish, and i also asked him what brand it was.

please tell me if you think it would be a good i dea to go for the neck
  2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    That link isnt working for me, but all I can say is you get what you pay for...

I would save for a Warmoth Neck.
  3. BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    If it isn't a good neck, it ain't worth a nickel.

It kinda depends on what you're planning on bolting it on........but you can get a Warmoth maple/rosewood Fender style neck for $150. WELL worth it; built like a tank, and they even have a warranty.
  4. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    So true. And the neck is something you really shouldn't skimp on.

Warmoth makes some good stuff. I'm very happy with my All Parts neck, too.

5. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I did the cheep neck thing once, the price didn't include all the time I wasted on getting the thing playable.
  6. but have any of you guys actually tried the mighty mite neck??
  7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  8. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Mighty Mite = Crap.

I have heard horror stories. If "Save for a Warmoth" isnt enough info for you then I guess I just have to say it.
  9. +3
  10. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I have one on a tele guitar, frets are crap, and there are high spots around the 13th and 18th. If it was a bass I'd pull the frets and level the board, but I don't play guitar enough to bother.
  11. ok it looks like i should just save up for a warmoth. but are you sure it will only cost me 150 for a maple/rosewood neck. i really wanted a vintage tint to it but i see that is a bit expensive. can you get the neck totally done at the factory, like ggetting tuners on it a installed already slotted neck?