Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good idea or bad idea??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, May 22, 2004.

1. i need a new neck, and i found this one on ebay for 70 bucks buy it now which is a great deal i think. what do you guys think does it look like an alright neck to you? i e-mailed him and asked him if it had a finish, and i also asked him what brand it was.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41423&item=3725041137&rd=1

please tell me if you think it would be a good i dea to go for the neck

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    That link isnt working for me, but all I can say is you get what you pay for...

I would save for a Warmoth Neck.

3. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    If it isn't a good neck, it ain't worth a nickel.

It kinda depends on what you're planning on bolting it on........but you can get a Warmoth maple/rosewood Fender style neck for $150. WELL worth it; built like a tank, and they even have a warranty.

www.warmoth.com

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    So true. And the neck is something you really shouldn't skimp on.

+1

Warmoth makes some good stuff. I'm very happy with my All Parts neck, too.

:bassist:

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Yep.
    I did the cheep neck thing once, the price didn't include all the time I wasted on getting the thing playable.

6. but have any of you guys actually tried the mighty mite neck??

7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    +2

8. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Mighty Mite = Crap.

I have heard horror stories. If "Save for a Warmoth" isnt enough info for you then I guess I just have to say it.

9. +3

10. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I have one on a tele guitar, frets are crap, and there are high spots around the 13th and 18th. If it was a bass I'd pull the frets and level the board, but I don't play guitar enough to bother.

11. ok it looks like i should just save up for a warmoth. but are you sure it will only cost me 150 for a maple/rosewood neck. i really wanted a vintage tint to it but i see that is a bit expensive. can you get the neck totally done at the factory, like ggetting tuners on it a installed already slotted neck?