1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good ideas for cover?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by HugheJapackage, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ok so we have a show coming up and we want this one to be memorable because we're getting a new singer and changing our name, this is our last show playing as the way we are now.

Does anyone have any good cover ideas? they cant be super complicated because we don't have long to learn and the singing cant be too high pitched. we're alternative so we can't really do anything too heavy.

2. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    IMHO if you want to make it memorable, either choose something that is completely out of your normal style and rework it to what fits your music (and Britney Spear's "Hit Me Baby One More Time" has been done before :D) or play something that is soooo left of centre that people'll be speechless.

My band is a rockabilly-band but our singer used to be a rapper :)rolleyes:) so at some shows we do the Beastie Boys' "Intergalactic" with the two-note intro to Queen's "Under Pressure" and a 4/4 drum beat to supplement. No guitars. People absolutely love it, but it was supposed to be a one-off and now they want it every show.

3. "GOODBYE TO YOU"-Patti Smyth,I think,did it.Well......The singer AND the band name will be gone.Suits the situation if you ask me.