1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good intermediate amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fresh Cream, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Fresh Cream

Fresh Cream

Mar 2, 2011
    Melbourne
    Hey guys it's my birthday soon and I'm looking at getting a new amp. I'm an intermediate player and I'm pretty into jazz/funk and that kinda thing. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations about good intermediate amps? I've been looking at the Harkte A100 or the Fender Rumble 150 but I'm really confused over which one I should get. And, to add to the confusion, today I realised I could just afford a Hartke head/cab rig if I stretched the budget a bit, what should I do?!
    Which one should I get?!

2. Mat -as U R in AUS. Like me. How much are U looking to spend??

I'd look into grabbing a Genz Benz Shuttle 3 or 6.

U can get them at less than $1 / watt & as they're SO light- shipping is minimal.
    I got a GB Shuttle 6 for less than $575 AUS + about $25 shipping & they're worldwide power compatible. pm me if U want help.

3. Fresh Cream

Fresh Cream

Mar 2, 2011
    Melbourne
    Thanks, I replied to your message ;)
    So your'e thinking genz benz?
    I had a look at the site and it's great! I'm loooking at spending 500-900 dollars on this amp, at $1200, the shuttle 6.0 seems a tad out of my range, what do you think of the 3.0?

4. Fresh Cream

Fresh Cream

Mar 2, 2011
    Melbourne
    Bump! :p

5. Maybe it's time to consider a separate amp and cabinet? That's the intermediate thing to do...

6. Fresh Cream

Fresh Cream

Mar 2, 2011
    Melbourne
    Got a recommendation? :)

I was looking at the Eden E15 aswell, has anyone had any experience with this? If so, hows does it play?

7. Have you set yourself a budget yet? I don't know much about the Aussy music scene, but is the used market robust? What do you have access to, to try first?

There is so much that is popular here, just check out the threads that go on and on. But you got to hear the tone of them, to really know if its for you...

I like Ampeg, and old Fender Bassman tone. But that's me. And I ended up ordering a new PortaFlex head and double cab setup. I'm excited, but you might not be, if the Ampeg sound isn't for you.