1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good, light weight 3U shallow rack bag/case with big carry handle for 10" deep head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SwitchGear, Mar 1, 2008.

1. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I like Gator shallow racks cases but don't like the small sized carry handles.

What are my options?

2. SKB? I like the handles on those. With your depth, you can look at quite a few "FX" racks.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Have you looked at the Gator Rack Bags? They have large carrying handles and are built very well.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i'm getting this in a few days:

[​IMG]

5. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    There are two main differences between the Gator Shallow and the SKB shalow:
    The gator has an interior of 12" and with the back lid it has 16.75" long; The SKB has an interior of 10.375" (perfect for my AG500) and an exterior depth of 14.25".

On the Gator the latches are attached in the rack, on the SKB they are attached to the lid, so when you are playing you donĀ“t get buzz from the latches.

Cheers,

Pedro

6. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Will this case work well with an Carvin B1500 head which is 10" deep?

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Yes.

MM

8. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have a 4U in that model SKB rack.

It can be a tight fit. The opening in the back is smaller than your typical rack with two end caps. This required me to invert the power amp and preamp to get everythig to clear. Check out the pictures. I don't know what the back of the Carvin looks like but make sure you will have room to clear everything. My GX5 is 10.5" deep and the BMax is 10". You can see see how close they come to the back of the unit

I had to use short patch cables with 45 degree ends. You will have to unplug the power cord from the amp to close the rear cover and it's a little tight getting the XLR cord pluged into the D.I.

Once you get everything in its place it's a nice sturdy and compact little head. Easy to transport, and it has rubber feet so you can stand it on its side or in the usual manner like a typical head. I'm really happy with mine.

Attached Files:

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    FYI,

i just got the 4U gator, and dont think the handles are that small at all. fits my sadowsky tube head perfectly!