1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good lightweight combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ivyman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ivyman

ivyman

Apr 15, 2008
    Sydney Australia
    ok i need a new amp but since im just a kid it is too hard to haul a big heaavy amp around i just got a good bass ( fender jaguar) but now i need a good amp that doesnt cost to much i want it to be powerful and loud but not too big

i mainly play jazz music so i was thinking eden nemisis although they are quite expenseve so can any one else reccomend some good lightweight combos

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Loving my Markbass CMD 121p

3. Stone Age

Stone Age

Apr 13, 2008
    Connecticut
    Fender Rumble 100 isn't so bad. Little over $400 when I got mine.

4. ivyman

ivyman

Apr 15, 2008
    Sydney Australia
    i heard the rumble 100 isnt very loud and i think the markbass is quite expensive

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I just added a link to a thread by user Stumbo about a range of options for lightweight rigs. Check the bottom of the links listed in the FAQ sticky thread.

6. You might want to try the Ampeg BA115

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Lightweight combos with any tone to them aren't cheap. I was all set to recommend the Nemesis to you, but if that's too expensive, I would suggest the used market. There are a ton of not-so-lightweight but not-insanely-heavy-or-expensive combos on the used market. Nemesis, GK, Ampeg, Yorkville, Peavey, Acoustic...there's a tone of choices. I would advise staying away from Behringer, though. Cheap crap IMHO.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021