Good lord my Eden blew up PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quallabone, Mar 23, 2005.

1. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I was playing last night with my WT-600 bridged into an 8ohm load not pushing it very hard. About 2/3 of the way into the last set my amp started to lose power. It then changed from the beautiful clean tone we all know and love to an AMPEG BSP immitation. After the song I was able to salvage the show by switching back to stereo mode and just using the left side. Thank god that worked. Today when I tested the amp I found that the right side has next to zero volume and a lot of distortion. The left side seems to be fine.

Please help. I need advice. I have other amps to use but this thing is my baby.

Please note that it is a '96 that has never been bridged into anything lower than 8ohms.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. OK, I'll state the obvious. Take it to a repairman. My technical experience leads me to believe that something crapped out.
  3. no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Hey Frankie,

Try not to confuse people with all that fancy technical jargon of yours! :p

P.S. Quallabone, seriously though... Bring it to a tech.
  4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I had a 97 manufacture WT-600. One amplifier had to be replaced (very same symptoms as you describe) and the other resoldered. Suffice to say that I once had a full Eden rig, but now have no Eden gear. Tech time!

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...fried, not scrambled...

6. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    thanks, I needed the chuckle.... :D