1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Mic Pre/DI

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lm183902, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Just to revive the thread, if I really like what the REDDI does, will I like the GrooveTubes Brick as well? Or should I just grin and spend the REDDI money?

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I have never done an AB with my REDDI to a Brick.. I think they are both Awesome units.. the REDDI has a nice hot output but just falls short to drive a poweramp to its fullest... i dont know if the Brick has a hotter output for a live powerammp rig.. if that is your intentions. .but for recording the REDDI is just slamin

3. Yeah, I keep lusting after the REDDI, but it's such a rough time for us freelance writers right now, so I can't get the cash together. One day, I'm getting one. No question..

4. 68bassman

68bassman

Nov 4, 2016
    Just to clarify, is Anthony Jackson (in his post above) plugging into the preamp and coming out of the preamp and into the DI, or is he he plugging into the DI and using the "thru" to connect to the preamp?

5. If money wasnt an issue id get a millenia td1 that has all the bells and wistles. Another option would be to get a 500 series rack and build an entire chain over time you could then get your chain tailored to your exact taste and specs granted that will get pricey quick but if I was going back to a rack mounted rig instead of a pedal board that would be my top choice.