1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good Mods for my stingray5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Naveed Afzal, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Pictures of my Bass Below

Ive got a stingray5, 'Autumn Sparkle type burst thing...' White Pickguard, and pup cover...

I want a Mirror Gold Pickguard, or Gold Pearloid Pickguard...

whats the best way of getting a PUP cover to match my pickguard?

Im thinking of buying 2 Pickguards and fabricating part of one to make a pup cover...or make a maple PupCover to match the headstock... or another idea?

what are some other good mods for it aesthetically... i dont want to change the sound one bit.

and sorry...english isnt my #1 language.

Basses005.
    AK2.
    AK1.

2. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    wow thats a beautiful bass. a gold pearloid would be sweet.

you could just leave it stock and it'd look great.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

+1. I think your bass would look great with a pearloid pickguard, but nothing else really needs changing. BTW, if you care to, PM me and tell me what your first laguage is.

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Jeannie's pickguards does custom pickguards for 5-string Stingrays. Lots of color choices. Terrible website, but good product. Probably best to call or email them.

No idea on where to get custom pickup covers, though. :meh:

Nice Stingray, BTW. I think it looks great as-is.

You could also contact Ernie Ball. They must have at least some black covers available.

5. yeah the stock look is pretty nice... but i just really want gold perloid guard... im afraid the white or black will clash...

this bass is like another arm to me, so i'd like to make it look its best.

6. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Your English is fine... the bass looks great as is also. I could be wrong as I've never disassembled mine, but I don't think the pickup has a cover. I'm pretty sure that it's a solid unit that you'd have to put something additional over, rather than replace.

7. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I'm pretty shure SR5's pickup covers are not removable.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You can change the cover on an SR5 pickup, but it's not really designed to be easy. You have to carefully cut the silicone caulk that's used to attach the cover and press it off. The new cover slips right on, and mine didn't need any glue. The caulk residue made the fit plenty secure.

Yes, I've done it.

9. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    see that... still learn new things every day. :)

10. Awesome looking bass. I think white perloid would be very nice. That said it looks great as is.

LR

11. If only they would make stingrays without pickguards
    id be in heaven

12. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

That might explain one reason why replacement covers are not more commonly available -- it's not a snap on/snap off kind of thing.