1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good Morning America Jamerson Footage

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sailri, Mar 31, 2013.

1. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
  2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Thanks for the link, always nice to see some footage or images of Jamerson that are new to me. Berry sure looks good for his age.

3. yes, thanks for the link - that was interesting, not just the Jamerson part but all of it.

4. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    CBS Sunday Morning (where this actually aired) is probably one of the better news programs that's doing features like this one. The Jamerson footage was very cool to see, along with some of the other Funk Brothers like Robert White and Earl Van Dyke.

I've been hearing bits and pieces about the new Motown musical that's on Broadway now. And for once I'm actually really tempted to go see a Broadway show. I really have to wonder if any of the musicians in the pit band are going to get any time on stage. That's actually how some of "Chicago" works, with the musicians playing on stage for portions of the show. And seeing how the Funk Brothers were such an integral part of the Motown sound, I'd love to see them get some recognition in the stage production.

5. A great footage!

Thank you, Motown!
    Thank you, JJ!

6. Troph

Troph

Apr 14, 2011
    Kirkland, WA
    Sadly there is probably plenty of vault footage lying around, and we probably won't ever see it. It took 40+ years for them to bother releasing (via the "Cellarful" collections) some of the full-production tracks that didn't meet their infamous "quality control" bar back in the 1960s.