Good Morning...first timer here.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by DryCounty, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DryCounty

Mar 18, 2003
    Good morning bassists.

I'm actually a Tele player, but I came across your site this morning in a desperate hunt to meet bassists in Chicago.

My band, Dry County has had much success as of late, playing shows with acts such as Brad Paisley, Diamond Rio, etc...

We have walked the fence between Rock and Country for quite a while and are now feeling comfortable stepping off that fence into the country side of things.

We have a summer that is steadily filling with dates and (unfortunately) a bassist that is not happy with our decision.

I am interested in meeting bass players from the north/northwest of Chicago that may be interested in joining an established and to date, moderately sucessful band (as I try to excersise modesty with pride).

To the mods: I did a little search through your rules and regulations to make sure that I wasn't breaking them. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not. If I have "broken the rules", please let me know. I will be happy to post this elsewhere. I am just in a situation where I wanted to find the best outlet for my search.

Thanks so much everyone and please contact me if you (or someone you know) fits the profile.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi DC, welcome to TB.

Don't worry, you didn't break any rules, but this will find more attention in either Bassists or Band Management And Performance.

One of the mod will probably move it for you.

See ya.
  3. DryCounty

Mar 18, 2003
    Thanks for the reply

I know how easy it is to "ruffle feathers" at a board. It happens daily at the Tele boards ;)

I'll let the mods work their magic!

Take care!
  4. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Attention Mods..lost guitarist in the basses section..please move to band management and performance. Thanx for lookin into the rules first (unlike many, many newbies...) ;)

Well, we do have over 36,000 registered bassist here DryCounty, so You just might get some references. :) ...Bump...
  5. DryCounty

Mar 18, 2003
    Appreciated much!!
  6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wanna know one of the best things about being a mod? All the freebies!

Off we go!
  7. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Double post, I already moved the newer one to Misc, so I'll close this one. Sorry for the confusion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.