Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good ('n'cheap!) amp/cab models?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drmoze, Dec 26, 2002.

1. drmoze

drmoze

Dec 17, 2002
    NY, NY
    I'm just starting out on bass, and am looking for an inexpensive multieffects processor (as mentioned in earlier posts). I'd like to get one that is pretty good with modeling amps and cabs. I'll be running my bass (at home) through my PA speakers (JBL Eon G2 + Eonsub), and would like to get a good sound for jamming when friends drop by. Space/$$ considerations (I'm in NYC) will keep me limited to these speakers (which also handle my v-drums and a keyboard).

So, after considering mostly the Digitech BP200 and the Zoom 708, which of these (or similar ones) have the better amp models? Thx!

(Gotta get back to practicing now. Long way to go... $^)

2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    I hear good things about the Johnson J-station. I've never tried it, though. The Zoom and Digitech are OK. From reviews I've read, people say the Johnson J-Station is better.

3. areuh ?

i never knew the zoom 708 had amp simulations :)

4. drmoze

drmoze

Dec 17, 2002
    NY, NY
    Yup, the 708ii has amp and cab modeling, in addition to effects. Check out Zoom 708ii features