Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good news for all of us who love a burger every once in a while...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Because now you don't have to be ashamed anymore of your urge to go to the MacDonalds or Burger King or whatever joint you visit.

Because you will not get fat from eating those.

...at least not when compared to the "Beer Barrel Belly Buster"!

[​IMG]
    This behemoth burger comes with 10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers -- and a bun.

It costs $30.

More greasy details about this monster HERE...

2. :eek:

That would feed me for about a week.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    For my friend's 19th birthday party 2 years ago instead of a cake, we made him a burger like that. It was pretty radical, since my other friend is an excellent chef and is chums with the local baker, they had a custom made bun and everything. It wasn't quite as vertical as that one but the circumference was about the same.

The birthday friend finished maybe 1/4 of it before he exploded.

4. Add some bacon to that and I'd try it.

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    and one wonders why the US is with distance the fattest nation on the planet :scowl:

What a waste, what a waste...

These kind of things make you realize that there is some stuff seriously wrong on this planet. You could easily feed an entire african family with that monstrous thing..

6. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Oh god, I think my arteries just curled up and died.

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Is that our very own K'serg holding the knife on the left? :D

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Bleh. I have no problem with cheeseburgers but that is repulsive.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

Good points Vorago. I recently fasted for 30 days (Master Cleanse) and it changed the whole way I think about food. Everybody ingests waaay more than their body needs. Also, think about how much time out of every day the average person spends... 1. thinking about food 2. shopping for food 3. preparing/cooking food 4. eating food 5. cleaning up/washing dishes - it's crazy! Another thing I realized is that the human body is not designed to eat any animal flesh at all, it is far too toxic. I also learned that you can die from eating too much honey.

down with food, hehe.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Why don't you buy one and ship it over there then?

11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

" Would you like some curley fries with that ? " ...

12. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've got 3 words for you: Chili Cheese Fries!!!! :eek:

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I looove a good burger, but that is waaay overboard!

14. Heheh! Onya Cheez - thats what we used to say to our mum!

15. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    That's news to me. If anything, simple carbohydrates and the entire grain portion of the food pyramid were never meant to be ingested by humans. Meat has been a staple throughout our evolution. After all, what would you eat during the winter in the pre-Supermarket era?

16. :eyebrow:

Suggesting that people weren't meant to eat a particular food group seems a bit presumptuous to me - meat, grain, or otherwise.

17. That looks like something Fred Flintstone would eat.

18. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Humans certainly can eat grains, but they weren't meant to. The food pyramid was created in this day and age; our bodies weren't. People have only been eating grains for a few thousand years.

19. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Fixed it for you.

I saw that on the news earlier today. That's what Jack Kevorkian would use if he were a cook instead of a doctor...

20. :confused:

Again, I think it's a stretch of the imagination to assume you or anyone else knows what humans were meant to eat.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5263435/

Seems like people got the grains idea a bit earlier than a few thousand years ago. Granted, the article suggests they didn't stick with it, but it shows that eating grain isn't so recent a phenomenon.

An awful lot of researchers believe that primitive humans were primarily vegetarians - much like the apes they descended from. Interesting, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.