Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good news for Bassists, finally

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, Oct 12, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I've heard alot on this forum about bassits being under appreciated and not as respected as they should be. I agree, but you all are missing a very important part of the population. Girls in their early 20s to early 30s, who are music fans (music= not boy bands, rap, etc.). These girls love bass players. It is a strange attraction they have with us. Maybe its when they are standing near the stage and feel their insides rumbling and the floor vibrating that they are taken by us. Maybe its the big guitars we play (bigger is better). I know many girls who say how much they love bassists. Just thought you all should know:)

2. the bassist is also often the funniest guy in the band... that must be attractive for some girls :) ... most girls I know think I´m funny and stupid (and some say horny.. but we won´t go there :D)... but they don´t seem to "love" me only "like" me... :( well... it must pay off someday to be funny and stupid.. :)

ok.. looking back on what I just wrote is stupid... I think I´m too tired to post something that makes sense.. :)

later..

3. You mean there's hope for me afterall?
    [​IMG] :D

4. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    :eek:

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like "wishful thinking" to me. ;)

6. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Also pronounced " Delusions of Grandeur". :D

7. dot74

dot74

Aug 24, 2000
    ::wierd flute/wind sounding music::whispering voice::"flick your fingers....and they will come....."::music stops::

:D

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    This is kind of like what i would say....

9. I thought so :p ... u copy-cat!!! I´m much cooler than u!(practical joke between me and phreaky) :D

10. It's not that girls think that bassists are sexy, it's that the BASSES are sexy. I have been told so by more than a few women. They like the vibrations that a bass gives off. Really. Think about it.

Just helped a girl-type friend by her first bass. An Ibanez SR405. She wanted the five string for the really low notes. Wonder why?;)

Rock on
    Eric

11. Guys, Guys, there's more to what Eric has said than you might think. They have done some impromptu studies and figured out that certain bass frequencies (33 hz) can cause nearly spontaneous orgasm in women. It's true! cuz I got that from the TBL!

12. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    33Hz... what note would that be? =)

Prolly too low to play on a 4-stringer... I think I'm gonna invest some time trying to get my voice that low. Failing that, it's tape-recorder time. Just buy a good set of headphones, maybe. Hehehe.

13. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now does that mean I can say "I'm bit exhausted since I had
    to produce orgasms to dozens of girls last night.. My fingers are bit sore from it."? :eek:

:D

14. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Now I HAVE to get a 5-string, I've got some experiments to try! :D

I wonder if this theory is the same one behind what I call "Orgasms on Wheels" -- jet cars and top fuel dragsters. Oh yeah, baby!!

So now we can let all the girls know it's not the guys you need, just get a good bass!! Sorry to burst your bubble, guys. ;)

15. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    But why bother playing your own instrument when you can force us to do it for you? =)

16. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Have you seen the movie Howard Sterns private parts? Well anyhow, there's this little thing they do with a good speaker and low frequencies and a speaker. And according to my female friend who tried it out with my bass cab (actually it was EBS 1x15" biamped only for low frequencies) during our gig it really works.

Oh yeah, I've often heard that fender Jazz IV is the sexiest instrument on earth. I just might agree. That's what most of my female friends say. Male people seem to dig tenor saxophone. Wussies :)

17. Georgia

Georgia

Aug 29, 2000
    London baby !
    Does JWC think there is a lesbian majority in bassists ? "These girls love bass players. It is a strange attraction they have with us. Maybe its when they are standing near the stage and feel their insides rumbling and the floor vibrating that they are taken by us. Maybe its the big guitars we play (bigger is better). I know many girls who say how much they love bassists. Just thought you all should know"

To change the topic; a lot of guys love female bassists. My band's lead -Calum says his friends say there's something about that big bass in a girls arms that turns them on. oh well.

18. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    What Calum says... is true. It's just so absolutely annoyingly true.

19. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, there is some scientific fact to connect low frequencies to female response. Maybe I should ask my wife; she used to be my groupie!

20. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Well. In my opinion, it's more of a common ground deal. Anything that helps us guys understand a girl is a good thing. Lord knows we need the help. =) Maybe we can't understand much else about you, but we'll at least be able to understand your bass playing!