Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good news!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hey all, I just got some good news and I have to share.
    Well, I come home (PA) for summer vacation from college... I got a call from my boss today from Florida, saying I have a $209 pay check I didn't pick up before I left! This is good news, cos once I get down there, I'll be able to pay off my Peavey Classic 400, and then almost be able to buy the Fury V for my fretless project! Lets just say I am pretty excited, and wanted to share the news! :D:D

-Ray

2. Nice score

Its always fun finding money you didnt know about or forgot about, especially such a nice amount.

3. that's an awesome feeling. the same thing happened to me when i returned home from college last year... it's like free money!!!

4. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    hm...I came here looking for a Geico joke..... :crying:

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yeah, pretty cool man. :)

It's like finding money under the mattress, that you'd forgotten about for all those years. :D

I wish I had a source like that, I'm trying to dig it up from every nook and cranny right now.

I'm having to sell off my studio to pay for medical bills at the moment.

There's one possible saving grace though, my aunt in Switzerland left me a pile of money when she died, about six months ago, and I'm trying to go through the paperwork to get that transferred overseas. That "might" just pay for a good chunk of my medical expenses right now, so we won't have to drain money from our baby's trust fund.

If it comes down to the baby or me, the answer is going to be the baby. But somewhere in here, somewhere (I hope) is a middle ground. It's great to find money you didn't know about, right? :D

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, it's really as great feeling. Especially when you forget about it, or in my case, didn't even know about it (I really thought I picked up my last pay before leaving for home..). It also comes at a good time... life lately has been throwing me some curve balls, but, this is a sure sing things are getting better...
    I hope you find a good way to pay off your medical bills, and soon.

-Ray

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Killer deal dude!

I'd like a phone call like that.

-Mike

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sweet, you're like...a hundredaire now.

brad cook

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Sweet! My last two paychecks from KFC were $368 (worked a holiday, so I got an extra $20 in stat pay) and $284, so now I've got $1110 or so of the $2000 I need to pay off my DB -- only it feels like I got paid two weeks in a row, because I didn't get my paystub for the $368 until a week after I actually got paid ;).

11. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    That's great. I'm happy when I find a 5 in my jeans before putting them in the wash...but then I wonder if I've lost other fives that way and get worried again.

Marshall