Good # of songs to play

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Trist6075, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    I look forward to one day playing a gig of my own doing probably my own and cover songs. What do u think is a good amount of songs to play at a gig?
  2. like 45 minutes is good if they will let you play that much... at my first gig we played an hour.... 9 originals and 2 covers......

3. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Usually 12-15 songs per set is a good number. Of course, if you are doing like prog rock or a bunch of "Freebird" type songs, that number may dwindle down to like 3 or 4. :D
  4. Our gigs used to average about 10 to 12 songs. Maybe 3 or 4 covers, usually as an encore/wrap-up. I think all told we were on stage for about an hour to an hour 15 each time.

Rock on
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    As an opening act we'd do 10-12 songs.
    As headliners(with an opening act)we'd do 25-30 songs.
    As headliners(with no opening act)we'd do 35-40 songs.

We would always show up to gigs with more songs on our list than we needed,just in case we were asked to play longer,we wouldnt be scrambling for tunes to do.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, my bands stuff ranges from just over 2:30 to an excess of 6 min, so how many songs we play is largely dependant on the time slot we are given. In a half hour set, maybe 8 songs, it all depends.
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, you guys are lucky, your gigs only last 30-60 minutes long. Where I play, your gig last about 2 1/2 hours. (three if you count breaks between sets) Everyone always wants more songs at the end, but never pass the F***ing hat. :mad:
  8. Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    Were playing sometime soon, dont know exactly.
    We have 50 songs give or take. like 3 hours. We have a list.