1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good options for a strat trade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skotk13, Aug 26, 2012.

1. skotk13

skotk13

Jul 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Hi everyone. I currently have a Squier CV '60 Jazz bass. I think I want to get a P bass so it's not so lonely and a different sound. If I was straight up buying one I might go with the CV '60 P to have a nice pair...

However, I happen to have a '98 Fender Strat deluxe series with Floyd Rose setup. I was wondering what would be some good trade options if I were do a straight up guitar for bass trade.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Skot.

2. stanley00

stanley00

Mar 15, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    I would post an ad on Craigslist for a trade. Just say you want to trade your Strat for a P bass of similar value and let it ride. You never know what someone will offer, especially if you don't get into a hurry.

3. skotk13

skotk13

Jul 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Sure thing. I was planning on doing that too, because my first option would be local trade. I'm definitely in no hurry, since im still trying to find out what the strat is worth. I'm going to post some pics on another site that people seem nice about pricing guitars (axe central).

Y'all seem friendly and knowledgable so I wanted to tap into that too as far as maybe some brand/model of basses around that range (im guessing 450-500ish) but i'm not sure on the value yet.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Is that an American Deluxe? I'd go for an MIA Standard P and no less.