Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good or bad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Mar 4, 2001.

1. i was looking at a new 6 string and i saw an ibanez that i am kinda interested in. It is an Ibanez BTB406QM. Does anyone have any expirience with this particular bass? If so, please reply. Thanks

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm not too big on Ibanez's, BUT I've played the BTB 400 & 405 & I was TOTALLY impressed. Super bass for the buck!!! I'd recomend it!!!

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't think those are available in the US (then again, you might not be in the US) But they are a very decent bass. They have wide string spacing, and a thin neck. They're a bit different (this is going from experience with a 5 string version), so try if possible.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think they are avail in USA. They're in the new 2001 USA cataloge.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yep, theyre available here.

Better make sure you really want a 6 though. Especially with 3/4" spacing.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow! They're going to sell that over here?

I wonder how much it will list for?

I would love a thin profile 6 with 3/4" spacing.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So would I! I'd kill for one. I think that if the price is right...heck, even if it isn't, then I still might get one...mm...BTB 6er....

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i tried one out at george's music in jacksonville, fl...it was alright...i'm not sure which 6 it was though...apparently there are two BTB 6 strings. i played the one that's available in black. it sounded alright, actually...i was impressed. and it wasn't set up that well either. the techs that work there are horrible. anyway, it sukked for slapping due to what i believe was the setup, but was nice for fingerstyle. i tried it out through a swr preamp a workingman's 300, i believe it was, and a henry the 8x8. it sounded like a piano...but it looks like a boat paddle. :eek: and the controls are shoddy too...plastic, and a very weak center detent...bleh other than that, it seemed ok.

9. well i have heard some good and some bad but i played one and i like it so i am seriously considering purchasing one. thanks