good or not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plagued4life, Nov 23, 2004.

1. plagued4life

Nov 23, 2004
    i want a 5-string and i saw a ESP B55 5-String, is this a good bass,? also, how would u rate an OLP?
  2. OLP's are fine basses for the money. Are you looking at the Stuart Spector OLPs or the MM OLP's?

I highly suggets the Peavey T-40, used since they aren't made anymore .... Check Ebay... always a supply there. Really light on the wallet as well.

The B55 is the ESP entry level model, if I'm not mistaken.... I'd save up for a higher quality Schecter, Spector, Cort, Ibanez or Peavey.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a Spector NS2000 Q5 that i am selling for $300 + shipping, and not to just shamelessly plug but this would be a way better bass than anything you could afford new. It is in essential mint condition, PM me if you want to know more about it.
  4. Honestly, if I were you, I'd take the offer up... GREAT deal....

BTW: what is the wattage on the 100R? I can't rightly remember....

5. ok....i have a minor complaint....everytime someone posts a lower quality bass, someone with a decently expensive bass(s) says to save up....most of the time thats just not an option to save up 8 or 900 or even less....ive read so many of these but never comented on em....sry for being a jack a$$ but its true. people who buy high end basses "regularly" dont realize how priveledged they are when theyre buying say go for it to get back on topic...the olp that is...ive heard many good things about them.
  6. Peavey T-40 = 200$ in good condition from Ebay, which always has a good stocking of them... I got mine for 125$.... LESS than an OLP. Not "High-end"... (and still made in USA)

Please do your research :)
  7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    How heavy is the T-40? More or less than 10 pounds?
  8. Very heavy. I had mine for over 3 years and although it sounded great (real rock & roll bass,... not slap) I would guess that it'd be over 10 pounds.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    100 watts
  10. I've heard somewhere around 11-13 lbs... I'm not sure myself.

Thanks Figjam. I'll consider it if it's around when I have the money...
  11. just saying in general...schecter....spector, some peavys...yea the t40s are pretty cheap and a good me ive looked in to em....many im just saying...ive read a few posts like that where people who have high end basses tell people to just keep saving and im just saying that they sometimes isnt an option. sry..... :bag:
  12. No,it's not good at all for you. I know for a fact that you definitly won't like it.