Good Parametric to go w/ F-1X

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pre EB, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Anyone use another EQ with one of these? I'd like to be able to dial in some more mids to give more apparent volume to my rig. My 200W Hartke sounds louder than my 850w rack!:confused: Think that's the problem?
  2. The Rane PE15 and PE17 are excellent parametric equalizers. I owned the PE17 and used it with my F-1X preamp. I sold it because I cannot visualize the boost by the position of a knob. The PE17 was replaced by a Rane 1/3 octave graphic (slider) EQ.
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    You should have a look at the raven labs true blue eq its meant to be very transparent so you amp will still sound like you amp.

Hope this helps.
  4. Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Try an Alembic SF-2. It will do exactly what you want and then some. And it will match your F-1X!
  5. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    OOOOOOOOOH! I want an SF-2, but then again, I want alot of things!;) No really, I would love one, but that's too much dinero for me right now. How much is a Rane? I would try to buy used.
  6. Rane are cheap and plentiful on eBay. A never ending supply of 'em. Price is model dependent, and be sure to watch for awhile so you do not over pay.

Rane sells typically for much less than 66% of new-discount price. My GE30 interpolating EQ is a $600 box, and I snagged it for $125 if I remember correctly.