1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good people still exist

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by amistybleu, Aug 23, 2007.

1. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    Went on a three day backpacking trip and accidentally left mini mag, Leatherman, and case on the back of my truck, upon arrival to my destination approx. 4 hrs from my truck I realized my bonehead mistake.:rollno: Three days later I returned to find that a good samaritan had taken the stuff out of plain sight and placed it where only I would find it.

I love it when my societal pessimism is stifled by a good natured and honest soul.:)

2. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Probably someone stole it, then realize they didn't want your stuff, then put it back.

3. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    Your right! I knew it was to good to be true.

4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Pretty cool. I misplaced my leatherman, its bugging me because i didnt realize how often i use it.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    well, at least they didn't steal it.

you could always conclude that even if this guy had criminal intentions, he either

A: had a change of heart and decided not let you go through the frustration of having your stuff stolen

or

B: realized it was worthless, and hid it from sight as to not waste the time of a fellow crook, as he needed the fellow crooks' help to rob a bank.

either way, the said person is helping some-one... sort of...

6. Its nice to know there are a few people left with some integrity.

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    +1

glad you got your gear back. hope you had fun on your trip. im really itching to get out and hit the trails this fall.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You'd be surprised how many people turn in wallets to me with money still in it. There are a lot of good people out there.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    41TD338RQVL._SS500_.

10. a place only you could find it?
    like?