1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good Pizzicato Video Clip Anybody?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by -executor-, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Hi
    I am just starting DB and have searched the newbie threads but have not come up with what I am looking for. Can anybody give me a link to a video clip or website that thouroughly explains pizzicato plucking? I am just a little confused on how exactly to pluck the string and also on how to use two fingers.
    Thanks

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Get the Rufus Reid DVD "The Evolving Bassist". I think that would help you a great deal.

3. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
  4. Thanks for the link FidgetStone but for some reason my computer won't load that page correctly.
    Could you give me a direct link to the gallery or to another similar site?
    Thank you for all your help.

5. John453

John453

Apr 1, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
  6. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Hey Ex,
    I just tried it with both Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers and they both worked. The Gallery doesn't seem to have its own link. Most of the site requires the Macromedia Flash 8 player to work. You can download it at . . .

http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/#players

I also noticed that the video does not autostart. I had to press the play button on player when it poped up. Also check to make sure that you unblock the site with your pop-up blocker if you have one.

I'm afraid that if I provide any more tech support tonight I may be forced to move to India. ;)

Cheers . . . .

7. Thanks for all your helpful comments and the tech support.
    If anyone has any other suggestions please post them.