Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good price for a Cort Curbow?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I found a Cort Curbow 5-string used at a local shop and noodled with it a bit. Nice and light (luthite body with fake woodgrain finish wering off).

Is $350 a good price for this? I'm looking for a cheap 5er and this has the best B string in the place.

Anyone know what the fretboard is made of? Looks like ebony but it could be some space aged composite... :meh:

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not so great of a price IMO. Local GCs get around $400 for brand new ones, if I remember correctly. MF is $422 with free shipping.

As you describe this one, I'd say $250 tops due to the finish wear - it's only going to continue wearing off. These are nice basses IMO.

The fretboard is Ebanol, I think - or something synthetic anyway.

3. Thanks HD! I'll see if I can talk them down. It's like this but worn a bit:

[​IMG]

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Just a word of warning, if it has mighty mite electronics, stay away from it, the newer Bartolini equipped models are much better. I would also agree that that price is a bit excessive considering the condition you describe.

5. Thanks!

I'll see if it's equipped with Bartolini and try to haggle :)