1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good price for a Cort Curbow?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I found a Cort Curbow 5-string used at a local shop and noodled with it a bit. Nice and light (luthite body with fake woodgrain finish wering off).

Is $350 a good price for this? I'm looking for a cheap 5er and this has the best B string in the place.

Anyone know what the fretboard is made of? Looks like ebony but it could be some space aged composite... :meh:

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not so great of a price IMO. Local GCs get around $400 for brand new ones, if I remember correctly. MF is $422 with free shipping.

As you describe this one, I'd say $250 tops due to the finish wear - it's only going to continue wearing off. These are nice basses IMO.

The fretboard is Ebanol, I think - or something synthetic anyway.

3. Thanks HD! I'll see if I can talk them down. It's like this but worn a bit:

[​IMG]

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Just a word of warning, if it has mighty mite electronics, stay away from it, the newer Bartolini equipped models are much better. I would also agree that that price is a bit excessive considering the condition you describe.

5. Thanks!

I'll see if it's equipped with Bartolini and try to haggle :)