Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Price for a Rickenbacker 4003.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lord Fender, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm just curious I can not find anyone who will give me a good competitive quote for a Rickenbacker 4003. I keep reading of people who find them for about 900. But they say it would only be a good deal if it was a 4008. Another problem is where the heck can I find a dealer in georgia! The only ones are down south and I am in the north, I would be better off going to TN.

help thanked in advance.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    $1000 is the standard selling price. Anything less is a good deal.

3. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Yeah, Rics are notorious for maintaining their value, and for good reason IMHO......Might as well buy a new one. The quality is consistant, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy one online again. I bought 2 that way, and both were excellent in every way.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    SameDayMusic.com sells then for $1050. Free shipping.

Almost bought one :)

5. catdriver

catdriver

Apr 19, 2005
    Park City UT
    l
    Be glad you're not here in UT, there are no (as in zero) Ric dealers anywhere near here.... I'd have to go to California. Apparently they used to be in Guitar Center but the deal was cancelled by Ric. Pricing? they run 800 and up on E-bay.

6. Music123.com sells them for $985 last i recall.
    www.Ricpage.com is $995
    www.pickofthericks.com is about $1095

These all depend on what finnish you get as well...colour of the year adds 100$

But new Rics are usually anywhere between $980 - $1100