Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good price for Genz-Benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alx564, Dec 15, 2000.

1. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what a good price would be for the Genz-Benz M12T. Its part of the M Line and its the 12" one. I was playing it in a store and I really liked it. I was just wondering what you would pay for it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. When I got my Genz-Benz, I payed about 320 bucks for the same amp, but although it was a good deal at first, it didn't end up like that...

I played one of the 2 Genz-Benz at the local guitar store and I liked it. When I bought one, I picked up one and I don't remember if it was the one I played or not. So anywho, I brought it home and the amp crackled, snapped, and popped and I was dissapointed. So, I brought it back to the store to have them send it to Genz-Benz. About 2 months later I got it back, and was sooooo happy. I took it home and I had the SAME problem!!!!! So I e-mailed Genz-Benz and the guy acted all sympathetic and s*** and told me to give it back to the store so they could send it back. So I give it to the store, and wait for about a month. Then I go to the store and check on the status of the amp, and it's still at the store! Apparently Genz-Benz told them not to send it and told them to make a local guy work on it! Well, my amp is fine now, but I'll be damned if I buy another Genz-Benz product again...

3. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    At the store where I am planning on buying it they are selling it for $280.

I read your story in another post on the forums. That kind of thing can really throw you off to a company but I'm glad that it all worked out.

4. akajuve400g

akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    Louisiana
    I just sold my genz benz 15mlt for 300 dollars over e-bay. I didn't have any of the problems Bassline1414 got from it. It sounds good but I wanted to get a carvin rc-210 so I sold it. I bought the amp for 500 originally.......

5. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey Everyone,

I think the store I shop at is really cheap. Plus I know the owner and he always cuts prices and rounds down or just makes it even. Of course they have horrible basses there that all sound metallicie (i know its not a word) but there amp selection is awesome. I saw the 15" model was sold but it was something like $420 final. I just went down with my dad and we bought the amp. Now only 5 days until I get to really test it out. The final price was something like 310 or around there. I didn't really see but I know without tax it was 280.

6. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    How long ago did you sell it. I looked on eBay for all types of amps and I noticed that there amp selection is pretty damn slim. I only so one Genz Benz and that was just a small cabinet. Could you tell me what section of eBay you sold it in. For future refence. Thanks

7. Ok, keep in mind all this happened just because it was defective, which meant I was one un-lucky b*st*rd. Make sure that the amp DOES get sent back though if for any reason there is a problem with it. I do like the sound of my amp though.