Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good price for New L2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Metts, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Quick, easy-answer-question:

Is $1000 a good deal on a brand new G&L L2500 with Natural Ash body and Maple neck/fingerboard? It comes with the 10 year warranty from G&L and a hard case. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That is a very good price if it comes w/the case. Is that total including any taxes/shipping? I bought the same bass in Blueburst for the same price. I paid cash so the dealer saved me the tax. I've seen tham on eBay in mint condition for about $800-900. This one is <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1409419243">CURRENTLY ON EBAY</A> & here are a couple <a href="http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=g+l+2500&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ebaytag1code=0&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort">THAT HAVE ENDED</A>. So if you can get it for $1000, go for it.

3. With shipping it all came to about $1045. I went ahead and jumped on it, so now I have to wait until it gets here, mouth already watering at the prospect of playing on this bad boy.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I wish I haden't sold mine. :(

5. blaquetung

blaquetung

Feb 17, 2001
    Excellent Buy.

smooches.....mmmuuuaaahhhh

6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Well it's a little late to be asking after you've already jumped on it.

The best new price I know of is 890 + 65 for the ash body (premier finish) + shipping so your deal was pretty good.

You have to be careful using ebay as a guage of anything except what uneducated consumers are willing to pay for stuff. I've sold at least two things for more on ebay than I paid for them new. That's one of the reasons I rarely win an ebay auction - I know the value of what I'm bidding on before I bid. I've also bought and resold a couple of basses without losing a penny. Ebay can pay off if you are careful and know what things are worth.

7. Yeah, I myself am quite leery of the whole Ebay thing, so I went with Bass Northwest on this one. They really seem like an excellent place to do business with if you're ever looking for a bass. They've got a huge new G&L sale going on right now. L2000s for $899 + shipping and L2500s for $999 + shipping. All come with 10-year warranties and HSC. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me with the fact that the bass is brand new and all that good stuff. Warranties are always a very good thing to have when you're talking about an expensive instrument (even though a 5-string G&L is mere chump change for that crazy mofo John Turner....double-necked 7...that's fantasgreat).

And hello there Blaquetung, my friend. Welqueome!

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The warranty and case is standard on all G&L's unless the dealer is a thief. Buffalo Bros. in Carlsbad, CA (largest G&L dealers in Southern Cal.) sells new L2500's for $895 plus tax every day. Your deal wasn't bad but not particularly exceptional.

9. I bought mine (L-2500) for $1060, and it took 6 months to build, I had some custom things done, actually it wasn't really custom , but it was discontinued....Bottom line is the bass is worth its weight in gold... I also want to say that I noticed on eBay that someone has a brand new Mesa/Boogie Buster 200 15" on there and it doesw not appear to have a reserve, I bought mine new for $1299 and this is at $795.... The amp has been discontinued and in a year it will probably sell for far more....That is the only good buy I have seen on the auction in a long time.....I just don't have the cash to buy another, and my fiance' might kill me if I buy another.......

10. I got my L2500 from Bassnw last march, and I love it more every time I play it! Congrats on an incredible choice of instrument!