good price/quality necks

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by amkrisis, Aug 21, 2005.

1. amkrisis

Aug 21, 2005

I'm looking for a good price/quality neck that i can mail order (or buy in Belgium) for a P style body i bought.

Any suggestions?

So far i found:

- Stewmac
    - Collins

all around the 100-200eur region

All suggestions are welcome ...
  2. amkrisis

Aug 21, 2005
    these are a bit to exprensive for my budget ...

What about AllParts? any good?

Can someone compare StewMac against AllParts?
  3. Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    As can be seen here StewMac doesn't make their own necks.

So the question is really about how AllParts and Mighty Mite compare.

I do not have the answer but thought I'd help clarify the question.

~ Keef

4. Jarno

Jan 27, 2005
    I bought all the ingredients for a P-bass on eBay a while ago. I had a Mightymite body, neck and pickguard. A used fender P reissue pickup, used schaller BMFL tuners and used Wilkinson Conversion bridge (4+1).

I think the quality of the MightyMite stuff is fine, even though I don't have much reference, I think it beats Mexican or MIJ fenders (and the things I bought were probably b-choice).
    Of course the stuff is incomparable to my Vigier (but then again, even American made fenders aren't).

The neck I bought (p-bass, maple with rosewood fingerboard) was $79,95, body was about the same (maple body, tobacco sunburst). Check out the seller "warpdrivemusic".

Shipping these things to europe costs an arm and a leg of course, and the importduties are something to be reckoned with (I believe I paid 20% on top of the indicated value (which is actual value + shipping)).