1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Rack Cases

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sashm, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Sashm

Sashm

Dec 9, 2011
    Hey Guys,

Was trying to find something on the forums but no luck =/

Finally got my rack ears for my Ampeg SVT 7 Pro and recently received my sans amp RBI! So I though that it is time to put all the bad boys in the rack.

Knowing that I will probably end up buying more gear at some stage I though that ideal space will be 8U for me. 3 for what I already have, 1 for wireless, one for power conditioner (let's leave that discussion for a another thread haha) and 2 for a pedal drawer plus one if I decide to add something else.

What would you guys suggest to look out for ? I'm not planning to transport it in a plane (yet haha) potentially will be taking with me on the road. Want something that would last me and that does not have issues with lids not giving enough space for the gear inside.

I live in Australia so another big question for me is whether I should go with one of the better known brands (SKB, GATOR, ROAD READY) or some of the local stuff can be pretty decent for the job ?

Cheers!

2. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
  3. Sashm

Sashm

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks man! That looks like what I need ! Price is great and they look really solid ! The only problem is that those guys don't ship it to Australia =/

4. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
  5. IK Obi

IK Obi

Apr 4, 2011
    Personally I've gone with others but still wish I could have a Gator made case. I'm already looking for a used one for the next rack I build.